CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
144 Countries & Territories
Greece is a country in southeastern Europe with thousands of islands throughout the Aegean and Ionian seas. Influential in ancient times, it's often called the cradle of Western civilization. Athens, its capital, retains landmarks including the 5th-century B.C. Acropolis Citadel with the Parthenon temple. Greece is also known for its beaches, from the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos
The Greek golden visa program grants a five-year residency visa in return for an investment in real estate. It was launched in July 2013
- A clean criminal record
- Sufficient funds and healthcare to cover their stay
- No previous Schengen visa refusals
- Applicants will need to be non–EU residents.
- An applicant must have the full ownership, possession, and peaceful enjoyment of real estate property in Greece via a legal entity, whose shares are fully owned by him.
- The minimum value of the real estate property, as well as the contractual consideration of hotel accommodation or tourist residences leases of this Article, is determined at two hundred and fifty thousand (250,000) euros and must have been paid in full upon the signing of the contract.
- An applicant has the possibility of leasing out his/her property to earn rental income.
- The above permit may be renewed for an equal duration, each time, provided that the
real estate property remains in the ownership and possession of the applicant. i.e.,
The visa is granted for five years and renewed every five years if the property investment is
- Periods of absence from the country shall not disrupt the residence permit renewal.
- The resale of the real estate property during the period of validity of the residence
permit, to another third-country national, shall provide the right to the granting of a residence permit to the new buyer with simultaneous withdrawal of the vendor’s
- There is no minimum stay requirement, It is not necessary to live in the country in order to
retain and renew the investor visa.
- Citizenship can only be granted after seven years of residency
- Fast processing of residency permit
- Visa-free travel throughout the EU Schengen zone
- An applicant may be accompanied by his family members to whom at their request, an
individual residence permit is issued, that expires together with the sponsor’s
Family members shall mean
- The other spouse or partner with whom a third-country national has a cohabitation agreement in Greece.
- The direct unmarried descendants of the spouses, who are under the age of 21
- The direct unmarried descendants of the supporter or of the other spouse/partner provided that their custody has been legally entrusted to the sponsor (for his/her children) and to the other partner (for his/her children), under 21 years of age.
- The direct relatives of the spouses in the ascending line.
Real Estate – Buy a Property in Greece
Investment amount – From €250,000 and above (excluding associated fees)
Golden Visa Process and Timelines – 1 – 4 months
Retainer Agreement signed and first Payment of Professional Fees
The Client could select the Greek property remotely and we start preparing the property purchase
documentation required to be presented for the Residency application.
The Client must travel to Greece to get the passport stamped before submitting the Residency application. If the client does not have Schengen Visa, then a Greek Tourist Visa must be applied for at the Greek Consulate in the client’s country of origin/residence
Lawyers prepare property purchase documents to complete the purchase. Property purchase funds and taxes transferred. Residency Permit documentation is finalized and submitted to the Government.
Resident Permit approved
Once approved, the Client either sends the passport to our lawyers in Greece to insert the Residency Permit or client travels to Greece to get Residency Permit inserted into the Passport.
The estimated time to receive residence visa approval depends on the due diligence processing time and the specific case