BUSINESS MIGRATION PROGRAM 2
For this program
- You must set up and run an innovative business in the UK – it must be something that’s different from anything else on the market. Your business idea must be new and innovative, you cannot join a business that is already trading and you must have an original business idea which is different from anything else on the market
- Your business or business idea must be endorsed by an approved body, also known as an endorsing body.
- You must meet the other eligibility requirements.
- Your business must be viable, with potential for growth
- You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, meet the English language requirement
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be able to prove that you have enough personal savings to support yourself while you’re in the UK
- You must have at least £50,000 – £100,000 in investment funds to apply if you want to set up a new business in the UK.
- You can stay for 3 years; you can apply to extend your stay for another 3 years when your visa is due to expire. There’s no limit on the number of times you can extend. You may be able to apply for settlement once you’ve been in the UK for 3 years.
- When you apply, you will get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks
- You will also have to pay the healthcare surcharge.
- Set up a business or several businesses.
- Work for your business – this includes being employed as a director, or self-employed as a member of a business partnership.
- Bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependants’, if they’re eligible
- Travel abroad and return to the UK.
- Apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) if you’ve lived in the UK for 3 years and meet the other eligibility requirements