CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
144 Countries & Territories
Popularly known as the Spice Island for its myriad locally grown spices, Grenada offers one of the most picturesque waterfronts in all the Caribbean. The sublime scenery is just one of the many reasons to visit the three beautiful main islands. Diving, sailing, excellent restaurants, fabulous beaches, and a calendar of unforgettable festivities have fortified Grenada’s status as the preferred destination of many high net worth investors.
Citizenship by Investment
Grenada recognizes dual citizenship, meaning investors can still benefit from their current passports. The Grenadian Citizenship by Investment Program offers the following prime benefits:
- Fast processing within four months.
- Inclusion of dependent children under 30, or children with physically or mentally challenged living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
- Inclusion of dependent parents.
Inclusion of a sibling of the main applicant who is at least eighteen years of age, and single with no children.
- No physical residency requirements.
- No requirement to travel to Grenada during the application process.
- No interview, education or management experience required.
- Visa-free travel to over 125 countries, including Europe’s Schengen zone.
- E-2 Visa Program signed between Grenada and the United States allows citizens of Grenada to operate a substantial business in the U.S. and reside therein.
- No tax on worldwide income.
The Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program was launched in 2013 under the regulations of the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Act. Grenada’s pilot scheme allows qualified investors and their family members to apply for citizenship and benefit from visa-free travel.
In recent years tourism has become the leading sector for foreign direct investments in Grenada. Another service sector on the rise is the offshore financial industry, which together with strong performances in construction and manufacturing, have also contributed to growth in national output.
As part of its strategy to attract foreign direct investment, the Grenadian government is working closely with a select number of businesses related to tourism, agriculture and manufacturing. Through the implementation of the program, the government also hopes to create investment opportunities that will bring about sustainable employment.
To qualify for citizenship, applicants must fulfill one of the investment options below in addition to the following criteria:
- Be of outstanding character.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Have excellent health.
- Have a high personal net worth.