Permanent Residence Programme (MPRP)
26 Countries & Territories
Malta Permanent Residence Programme (MPRP) offers non-Maltese persons the possibility of acquiring an EU residency that offers visa-free travel within Europe’s Schengen Area
Residency by Investment
- The MPRP is the only program in Europe which issues residency cards as well as a certificate, which is valid for a lifetime.
- Malta is good for investment, tax optimization and immigration into Europe, its low taxation opportunities, the government’s investment incentives and finally the country’s safety and excellent lifestyle.
- Malta is a full EU Member State.
- Malta is the only English speaking country in the Schengen Area.
- Malta is within EU and Schengen and the official language is English
- The application process should take ideally about 3 – 5 months.
- Once the Letter of Approval in principle is issued, the Main Applicant and dependants shall visit Malta to take their biometrics.
- An applicant has to declare that from the date of the application onwards he has either an annual income of not less than hundred thousand euro (€100,000) arising outside Malta or has in his possession a capital of not less than five hundred thousand euro (€500,000).
Benefits of the MPRP
- The right to reside in Malta for an indefinite period (renew permit every five years)
- Visa-free travel to all 26 countries in the Schengen Area and the right to stay in any of the Schengen countries for up to 90 days in every 6 month.
- Family members including children, parents and grandparents of the main applicant and spouse can be added.
- No age restrictions for dependent children.
- The addition of a dependent attracts additional fee and due diligence checks.
- Residency permits will not be withdrawn from dependents once issued not minding their age or marital status.
- No physical landing time or stay.
- You can apply for long term resident status after residing in Malta for 5 years continuously, this gives you access to free healthcare and education
- Free education for all students in state schools which includes free transportation and books.
- A bilingual country.
- Zero Taxation on Worldwide Income