ST. KITTS & NEVIS
CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
157 Countries & Territories
With its breathtaking natural beauty, warm skies and white sandy beaches, St. Kitts & Nevis is one of the most stunning spots in the Caribbean. With the country’s CIP program, investors have the opportunity to wake up there every morning in as little as a few months.
Citizenship by Investment
This beautiful two-island nation is blessed with tropical temperatures, clear blue waters and a bustling trade and tourism economy. It is well-connected by direct flights to and from Europe and the U.S., and offers residents and citizens sought-after advantages, such as dual citizenship and tax-free worldwide income. As one of the longest-established programs of its kind, the St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program offers applicants a host of unique benefits:
- Fast processing within four months.
- Accelerated Application Process – approval within 60 days;
- Inclusion of dependent children under 30 and dependent parents or grandparents over 55.
- No physical residency requirements.
- No requirement to travel to St. Kitts & Nevis during the application process.
- No interview, education or managerial experience required.
- Visa-free travel to more than 135 countries, including Schengen member states, the U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore and more.
- No tax on worldwide income.
- St. Kitts & Nevis recognizes dual citizenship, so investors can still benefit from their current passports.
The St. Kitts & Nevis (St. Christopher & Nevis) Citizenship by Investment Program was established in 1984 under the regulations of the 1984 Citizenship Act, Part II, Section 3 (5), which makes it the oldest citizenship by investment program in the world.
To qualify for citizenship in St. Kitts & Nevis, applicants must fulfill one of the investment requirements below in addition to the following criteria:
- Be of outstanding character.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Have excellent health.
- Have a high personal net worth.
1. Sustainable Growth Fund
In April 2018, Saint Kitts & Nevis launched a new permanent investment fund to replace the temporary Hurricane Relief Fund set up to address the devastation caused by the 2017 hurricanes in the Caribbean. The new Sustainable Growth Fund is open for donations with the following thresholds:
- From US$150,000: Single applicant.
- From US$25,000: Spouse.
- From US$10,000: Per additional dependent.
In addition, the due diligence fees are as follows:
- From US$7,500: Due diligence of main applicant.
- From US$4,000: Due diligence for dependent over 16.
- From US$4,000: Due diligence for financial sponsor.
2. Real Estate Investment
A. Five-year hold period: Applicants may purchase government-approved property valued at a minimum of US$400,000, or purchase shares valued at the same minimum amount in a real estate development. The investment must be maintained for a minimum of five years.
B. Seven-year hold period: Applicants can make an investment of US$200,000 in a government-approved luxury resort. The investment must be maintained for a minimum of seven years.
In both cases, investors are required to pay additional applicable taxes and fees.
Applicants may invest US$1.5 million to establish a business. Two or more applicants may make a joint business investment with an individual threshold of at least US$400,000 and a total investment of at least US$5 million.