CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
76 Countries & Territories
Turkey is a transcontinental Eurasian country located on the Bosphorus Strait, on the Anatolian peninsula in Western Asia, with a smaller portion on the Balkan peninsula in Southeastern Europe. This significant geographic location makes Turkey a go-to destination for investors aiming to enjoy the incredible benefits of operating a business in Europe while directly harnessing the potentials of the vast consumer-base in Asia.
Citizenship by Investment
The Turkish Citizenship-by-Investment Program was launched in January 2017 with the aim of attracting foreign direct investment to the overall development of the country’s economy, with special emphasis on the country’s real estate market.
Turkey’s economic and social development performance has been impressive since 2000. According to the World Bank, the country’s economic growth is leading to increased employment and incomes and making Turkey an upper-middle-income country. There are several benefits of having a Turkey Second Citizen passport. Some of them include:
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 111 destinations including Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore.
- Citizenship of a country that enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate, beautiful scenery, and a high standard of living.
- Full citizenship granted to the applicant
Inclusion of Family Members.
- Eligibility for an E-2 Investor Visa in the USA for a five-year renewable period.
- In addition, Turkish citizens can apply directly for a US green card (permanent residency) if the investments are bigger than $900,000 for rural areas and $1,800,000 for all others.
- Other business visas such as EB-1, O-1, and L-1 are also available for Turkish citizens
- Ankara agreement & Turkish Business person Visa allows Turkish citizens to: start a new business in the UK, work in the UK, & apply to settle in the UK permanently and bring family (‘dependants’) with themselves.
- Access to a transcontinental Eurasian country that is a stable economic, financial, and political hub between Europe, Western Asia, and the Middle East
- The main applicant may include their spouse, dependent children below the age of 18, and children of any age who are living with disabilities in their application.
To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant should fulfil one of the following investment requirements:
- Acquire at least $250,000 worth of real estate.
- Invest a minimum of $500,000 fixed capital contribution.
- Deposit at least $500,000 into a Turkish bank account.
- Commit at least $500,000 into government bonds.
- Commit at least $500,000 into real estate investment fund share or venture capital investment fund share.
- Create jobs for at least 50 people, as attested by the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Services.